Apple iPhone batteries catch on fire yesterday and today at two different Apple Stores


For the second time in two days, an Apple iPhone battery exploded inside an Apple Store. Today, a room in the Apple Store in Valencia, Spain was filled with smoke after a battery inside an iPhone unit being repaired caught on fire. Workers at the store smothered the flames and opened the window to let out the smoke. While three firefighters and police arrived at the scene, their presence was not needed. There were no injuries as a result of the blast, which took place at 1:30pm local time.

On Tuesday, an Apple Store employee in Zurich, Switzerland received minor burns when a battery …


FCC investigating why AT&T's mobile 911 service went down for five hours yesterday

If you’re an AT&T subscriber, hopefully you didn’t have a medical emergency or an issue requiring the police yesterday afternoon. From 5:49pm to 10:25pm Eastern Time Wednesday, AT&T mobility customers were unable to access 911 in 14 states and Washington D.C. Emergency response officials used social media to alert AT&T subscribers. The Hendricks County Communications Center in Indiana, a dispatch center, said that 911 calls placed over AT&T’s network were not connecting. “We have conducted test calls locally and it will just ring,” the Center posted on Facebook.

By 9:30pm …