A few days ago, we reported that Xiaomi is planning to announce an entirely new lineup of phones on September 5. Based on the teasers released at the time, our guess was that the Chinese manufacturer planned to introduce the next Android One phone, a fruit of its collaboration with Google.
We’re just one week away from the official reveal of the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, another mildly interesting flagship smartphone making its debut in the second half of the year. The device is supposed to be unveiled on September 11, one day ahead of Apple’s big launch event.
However, the Mi Mix 2 is more important to the Asian market, as Xiaomi is unlikely to launch the phablet outside China and, maybe, India. Nevertheless, since it’s one of those devices that benefits from the “wow” factor, the Mi Mix 2 will probably sell very well even outside China through unofficial …
Tamil Nadu is an Indian state that lies in the southern part of the Indian Peninsula and is bordered by Pondicherry, Kerala, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. It’s the fifth largest contributor to India’s GDP and the most urbanized state in the country with the highest number of Business enterprises, pegged at 10.56%, compared to the overall population share of 6%.
With Chennai as its capital, Tamil Nadu is the seventh most populous state in India and has the fifth largest economy and the third highest Human Development Index out of 29 Indian states. The state’s economic growth was slowed by the Fiscal crisis that peaked in 1999/2000 forcing its government to implement wide ranging financial and structural reforms. The reform program impacted the economy with a good fiscal adjustment. The five policy notes from the government span fiscal reform and sustainability, improving investment environment, agricultural development, governance challenges and the state’s poverty profile.
The Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation (TIIC) has proposed to advance nearly Rs.13, 000 million for promotion of industries in the state in the fiscal year 2010/2011. Out of this, about Rs. 1000 million is earmarked for advancing loans for the existing industries and for starting new ventures. The TIIC earned a profit of about Rs.400 million after a gap of several years for the year 2009/2010 fiscal calendar. The organization has been providing financial assistance at competitive interest rates for the setting up of new industrial units, expansion, modernization and the diversification of existing industries. The State plans to announce a new mining policy, in line with the national policy, this year.
The state’s GDP at 2007 stood at Rs. 2,750,000 million in current prices, a corresponding GDP growth rate of 12.1% for that period. The economy is split into: the services industry, contributing 45% of its economic activities; manufacturing, comprising 34%, and the agricultural sector taking 21%. However, the state’s government has been the major investor in the state with a total of 51% total investments followed by private investors at 29.9% and foreign investments at 14.9%. The city has about 110 industrial parks and efficient infrastructure that has been behind recent major economic successes. The Tamil Nadu Investors Association aims at educating small investors, protecting their interests and promoting investments and entrepreneurship in the state.
Major industrial successes in the state include multinationals and big Indian firms located in the region. They include BMW, Ford, Renault-Nissan, Caterpillar, Hyundai, Mitsubishi Motors, Ashok Leyland, Hindustan, TVS Motors, and Royal Enfield etc in the automobile industry while telecommunication giants include Nokia, Flextronics, Motorola, Sony-Ericsson, Foxconn, Samsung, Cisco, Dell and Moser Baer.
Source: Kamal Kishore Poria
The possibilities are endless and it begins …
The announcement date for Xiaomi’s Mi MIX 2 is just around the corner, and, as usual, more and more leaks are starting to come in. We’ve already seen alleged images of the phone’s back and front, and today, we have another leak for you coming straight from Chinese website Weibo.
In today’s world, sleep problems are an issue affecting many people. Whether they have too much on their mind to sleep or they simply can’t get comfortable in bed, sleep problems are something which can affect an individual both physically and mentally. Although there are numerous sleep aid products on the consumer market these days, there are various ways in which an individual can get a good night’s sleep, the natural way.
– Eliminate Caffeine Products a Few Hours Before Bedtime
Since consuming products laden with caffeine can interrupt one’s sleep and even prevent individuals from falling asleep, it is important to stay clear of these caffeine-containing products in the hours prior to bedtime. Doing so will better ensure the individual can fall asleep and stay asleep for the rest of the night. For those who would like a beverage in the hours before bedtime, decaffeinated coffee or herbal teas that do not contain any caffeine are great choices. This is a great alternative for those who want a coffee or tea product yet do not want the caffeine to affect their sleep.
– Take the Television Out of the Bedroom
One who wishes to get a good night’s sleep the natural way should consider removing their television from their bedroom. As many individuals like to watch television in bed, they are also the ones who may have a hard time falling asleep as they simply cannot turn the television off and get some shuteye. By not having a television in the bedroom to begin with, this will eliminate any TV temptations and promote good sleeping habits.
– Utilize Adequate Light-Blocking Blinds and Drapes
Another reason why some individuals may have a hard time getting to sleep at night is due to inadequate blinds and shades on their windows. Even at nighttime it is possible to have outside light affect one’s sleeping habits such as full moonlight, streetlights and house lights. Therefore, applying good blinds and shades to one’s windows will help to ensure that the night lights outside are sufficiently blocked out. It is easier to sleep when it is as dark in the bedroom as possible.
– Consider Purchasing an Adjustable Bed
Another wonderful option for overcoming sleepless nights the natural way is to utilize an adjustable bed. Frequently individuals have a hard time falling asleep because they simply are not comfortable in their sleeping positions. By purchasing an adjustable bed, the individual will be able to move their bed around to a position that promotes the best sleep possible for them.
A good night’s sleep is extremely important. Not only will it make individuals feel better physically the next day but mentally as well. By following the aforementioned tips one can better ensure they will overcome sleepless nights, the natural way.
Source: Tom Willmar
HOW TO ESTABLISH URBAN GARDEN FOR FUN AND PROFIT
Urban gardening is ideal in the city or town where your space for planting is limited. If you’re employed in the city and you’ve no time to go to the province to do your farming activities, then urban gardening is best for you.
Benefits you can get from urban gardening:
- It could be therapeutic. Tending your plants early in the morning or after office hours relieves you from stress in the workplace and in the home.
- It could be enjoyable. When you see your plants with attractive flowers and vigorous growth, your imagination wanders like you’re in heaven with a happiness and satisfaction you can’t explain.
- Generate additional income. You can sell your extra plants to others if you think they are surplus for your personal needs. The city is a ready market because there are plenty of people and there’s the purchasing power.
- Reduce waste accumulation. You can recycle used materials such as; tin cans and plastics, sachets, tin foils for potting, Styrofoam for seed boxes, biodegradable products for composting, and others.
Strategies in Urban Gardening
- Select the right crops to grow, depending on the purpose or purposes of going into urban gardening.
- Identify a particular target market if you’re into commercial production.
- Develop your own passion or specialization and concentrate on that line.
- You can rent or borrow vacant lot.
- You can use your roof top if you have any.
- You can create plant boxes along your fence and walkways.
- You can grow plants in pots and other containers.
What kind of plants are ideal for urban gardening
You can grow all kinds of plants from fruits, vegetables, and ornamentals.
- Fruits. You can grow fruits if not in the ground, you can plant them in containers, e. g. citrus, guava, lemon, balimbing, etc.
- Vegetables. Many varieties can be grown both in the ground and in containers.
- Ornamentals. There are many types of ornamentals you can grow, depending on your target market, capital required, and your inclination in urban gardening.
Requirements you need to know in urban gardening
Before you enter into urban gardening, strictly observe the following requirements in order to be successful:
- Water. Water is the most important item for any kind of plant. Without it, your gardening activities will be amiss. You have to consider the cost and continuous availability of water.
- Soil media. If you intend to grow your plants in containers, soil or potting media are important. You should have available supply of it all the time.
- Source of pots and containers. Try to know where to get the cheaper source and continuous supply for pots germinating trays of different hole sizes, and containers.
- Tools and implements. All of these should be at hand for your gardening activities, such as shovel, hoe, pick mattock, spade, trowel, sprayer, tractor (with accessories for bigger areas), and others.
- Manpower. Provide yourself with available workers to help you in the garden. Though you can do it yourself, but at least there is one you can trust to tend your plants when you’re out for some other business.
- Materials and seeds. See to it that you have available of these materials and seeds in your nursery such as; seeds and other planting materials. Get your planting materials from reputable source or certified seed suppliers.
Improving unsuitable soil
When your place is stony or adobe and you think there is no more hope for the plant o grow, don’t panic, there is still remedy to improve it. The strategies to undertake are:
- Look for plants that will grow in rocks or adobe stones (rock gardening). There are plants that grow vigorously on rock such; balete tree, some cactus species, etc). Arrange them in such a way that they will not compete with space and sunlight.
- Add garden soil or organic material such as manure, compost, and others. You can make holes on the rock just enough to hold the soil media in place for specific plants. For larger plants you can make bigger holes so that more soil media may be placed to sustain the growing period of the plants.
- Look for possible sources.
How to earn profits from your urban garden
There are so many ways you can promote your urban garden to make it known to the public and earn you a profit.
The following tips can enhance your promotional strategies:
- Attend garden shows or trade fairs. You can bring and display your exotic plants in the garden shows or trade fairs so the customers will see them. Display your gardens’ name, location, proximity to the market, and plants grown.
- Publish in all media outlets. Submit pictures of your garden and plants in magazines, TV, Internet, and newspapers to have a wider dissemination to the reading public.
- By word-of-mouth. Often times you invite some visitors for some special occasions like; birthdays, get together, Christmas parties, or any occasions you may establish.
- Show to your guests your beautiful urban garden plants. You may give them as a token out of your plants and tell them your plants are for sale if they have some friends interested to buy plants from you at discounted price.
- Send brochures of your urban garden to gardening sites. Invite site owners to help you promote your urban garden plants for a percentage fee say 50-60% for the gross sale of your plants. This methods is called affiliates, resellers or partners wherein both of you earns an income. A win-win strategy.
- Accept consultancy or speaker ship. As an expert you can accept consultancy in symposia to those interested in urban gardening. While at this event you can insert your garden in your talks. You can tell your audience about your urban garden, what plants are grown and they are for sale. You may also bring with you your sample plants to the events and sale or give them to your audience.
In urban gardening you can enjoy the work in your garden, feel the freshness of the surroundings because of the smell of sweet flowers, the vigorous growth of your plants, and at the same time it can provide you with additional income.
Enjoy urban gardening and let your expertise flourish for the benefit of others while giving you fresh vegetables and fresh flowers. Above all gives you an income out of your plants.
Come on, stretch out your aching back and body and let the soil and plants in your garden provide the solution to relieve your pain and at the same time earn you an additional income.
What about that, are you serious in urban gardening?
Then, come on let’s go, roll out your sleeves.
Cris Ramasasa, Freelance writer, writes about home gardening and Internet marketing tips. You can get a copy of his latest ebook “How to get started in Flower Gardening” and “Vegetable Gardening Made Easy” and also get lots of tips, Free articles, and bonuses at: www.crisramasasa.com
Source: Crisologo Ramasasa
According to analysis firm IDC, worldwide shipments of wearable devices rose 10.3% year-over-year during the second quarter of 2017. For the three-month period from April through June, a total of 26.3 million wearable units shipped. For the first time ever, basic wearable devices (which are those that don’t run third party apps) had a year-over-year decline in shipments with an annual growth rate of -.9%. On the other hand (no pun intended), smartwatch shipments rose at an annual rate of 60.9% in the second quarter.
According to IDC’s senior research analyst Jitesh Ubrani, consumers …
10 worst cases of CELEBRITY PLASTIC SURGERIES that just went awfully wrong. There is so much emphasis on youth, being slender and beauty in much of the world. Especially, it is so true in the Western societies with billboards, TV, star news, the Internet and radio inundating our society with how important it is to have all three of those attributes, or you’re just not of value. Many women have gone under the knife due to this pressure.
Hang Mioku is a South Korean woman, 48, not necessary a star but she’s made repeated headlines in the celebrity news due to her insane addiction; Mioku manifests what happens with many plastic surgeries. She became so addicted to it that she injected cooking oil into her face ultimately. Yikes! As Hank Williams sang these words,”Hey good lookin’, what you got cookin’?”, he should have told Ms. Mioku to use the cooking oil for her dinner, not her face. Remember Muammar Gaddafi?
Heidi Montag had her old breast implants increased to DDDs, a nose job revision, a lipo on her stomach and thighs, a butt augmentation, a brow lift, etc, etc, etc.
Montag shocked the world when she underwent ten plastic surgery procedures in one day. Most of us either don’t know or have forgotten that Heidi has already had two plastic surgeries done prior to her big tune up. Watch out Heidi, don’t go any further otherwise Good God we don’t want to have you looking like Jocelyn Wildenstein down the road.
Jackie Stallone, the mother of Sylvester Stallone (Rocky Balboa in the movie Rocky). She looks like she’s been through some tough fights herself. Actually, her new face is after thousands of dollars worth of many plastic surgeries. Maybe after a few more surgeries she can look as good as her original face?
Michael Jackson, the King of Pop had multiple nose jobs, cheek implants; eyelid surgery, a cleft put in his chin.You name it he had it. He just had too many inappropriate operations.
As for Michael’s big sister LaToya Jackson, she must have used the same surgeon as Michael did before he died. The most obvious work LaToya has done is on her nose.
Pete Burns is a former member of Dead or Alive, who had the top single “You Spin Me Round”. He spent the fortune he earned from his successful music career on reconstructive surgeries after a botched plastic surgery on his lips. It appears he should have kept the money.
Jocelyn Wildenstein, this is the formerly beautiful billionairess socialite Wildenstein, who is also being referred to as the Bride of Frankenstein. She reportedly spent millions on plastic surgeries to win back her estranged husband. He may have run even faster after the surgeries! Joan Rivers, has had facelift, eye tuck, nose job, Botox, etc, etc etc.
Mickey Rourke undergone face reconstructive surgery. Rourke, the once boxer turned Hollywood heartthrob went back to boxing in the early 90s; and Mickey suffered a lot of physical injuries including facial scars. Mickey said he had gone to “the wrong guy” for his surgery and that his plastic surgeon had left his features “a mess.”
Lisa Rinna had inflated lips and face filler. Rinna’s famously inflated lips have been deflated as she has admittedly had a surgical procedure done to reduce them. (Thank God) As for the face filler?
As my friend Mick Hart says, you have been around the muscle game a good while Pete, true 68 years in fact. By the way I have not been in the muscle game for 68 years, that is my age.
Some time ago a great friend of mine, top strength historian, David Gentle wrote a rather flattering article on myself, thanks David, we in the “Iron Game” are very lucky to have the two top authors in the strength and bodybuilding world. David Gentle and David Webster OBE, I had better give him his full title or I will be in trouble.
One of the greatest physiques of all time was George Hackenschmidt, why do these top bodybuilders have such difficult names to spell, I still can’t spell Arnold Schwarzenegger. Quite a number of top actors are keen bodybuilders, Dave Prowse who played Darth Vader in Star Wars, (A big friend of Dave Websters), he was also the Green Cross Code man, to help children crossing busy roads.
While doing national service in Gibraltar, I did my first weight lifting, the bloke in charge of one of the guns, had made himself a solid lead dumbell to keep in shape. I rather surprised him by lifting it with one hand to prove I was not just a pretty face). No doubt many of your readers will know I used to do TV and film extra work, before I moved to the flat, I had to give it up because of stress and Multiple Sclerosis, it was just too much. However I did meet many interesting and nice people and some who were absolute shits, I will not name those I consider shits, or my friend Mick will have a court case on his hands. I will only name the nice people, mostly the bigger stars they are the more decent they are.
In those days I was a member of Equity and lived in Marple, I used to give Bruce Jones a lift before he became very well known as Les Battersby in Coronation Street. I was doing my charity collecting for the Stockport branch of MS and Bruce spotted me and shouted through his car window, “Hiya Pete, see you in a minute”, the organiser of the collection did not recognise him and walked over to his car and asked if he could help, Bruce said no I have just seen Pete he is a mate of mine. I have several sister in-laws, six in all one who lives in Marple, was not in the room when brains were given out, however I introduced her to Bruce, she said “Hey you are in Coronation Street”. Bruce grinned and said, “That’s right love. No comment!”
Two of the top TV stars I chatted to were Patricia Routledge (Mrs Bucket) and Charles Dance who gave me my Sunday name of Peter, both very nice people, I was in the film, Century, Charles Dance being the star.
Looking through my old copies of No Bull I spotted a photo of Geoff Morris a former over 50’s Mr Britain, also a champion 6in nail breaker, who Dave Webster credits showing him the correct technique for breaking 6in nails. Geoff was a smashing person, we did a double strength act on wrestling shows, I used to meet him at a nice pub once a month, which was half way for both of us.
I know my friend Jim Bartlett bought some of Geoffs collection. How do I know? because I took Jim to Geoffs lodgings when he died, a sad day for all.
Jim got a job at a sheltered Jewish home complex, not being Jewish he soon moved on, (it is not true he got the sack for asking Jewish kids what their Christian names were.) Jim worked for our old friend Harold Wrigley, packaging and posting his health foods. No doubt many of us know Harold’s wife who died suddenly, a smashing girl was Joyce, she used to pack all Harold’s products before Jim took over. Last I heard of Harold he had gone to live in Spain, with his third wife, he must like wedding cake!
I read Black American show host, Montel Williams has MS, he also trains for bodybuilding like me to keep his MS at bay. I might add Montel has quite a good physique, he did a back pose to prove his point on one of his shows.I would like to thank Pete Lindrop for his contribution to this blog.
Source: Mick Hart