In recent months, various official and semi-confirmed …
T-Mobile this afternoon released its quarterly earnings report for the first three month period of 2017. Covering January through March, the nation’s third largest carrier added 798,000 postpaid phone subscribers. Considering that Verizon lost 289,000 customers in this category for its first quarter, T-Mobile seems to be running on all cylinders. The company says that it alone will be responsible for 250% of the industry’s growth in the quarter. The postpaid phone churn for the three months was a record low 1.18%, down 15 basis points from last year, and 10 basis points from the fourth …
Verizon released its first quarter earnings report today. The nation’s largest carrier had revenue from January through March of $20.9 billion, which was 5.1% lower than what Big Red grossed a year earlier. Verizon blamed the decline on a drop in revenue received from overages, the cost of promoting the business, and a decline in the number of postpaid customers. Of the 307,000 postpaid customers that left the carrier during the three month period, 289,000 were phone-related customers which is the holy grail of the industry. Still, postpaid phone churn came in under .90% for the eighth consecutive …
Last month, we told you that the often rumored AR glasses reportedly being worked on by Apple are at least one-year away. Apple is quite high on AR right now with none other than CEO Tim Cook stating that Augmented Reality is going to be “huge.” Google already tried to take AR to the mainstream with Google Glass, but the whole concept became too complex and expensive, not only for Google, but potentially for consumers as well.
While Tim Cook has made his feelings about the future of AR public, talk about Apple’s AR glasses has been just that, all talk. While no smoking gun has been leaked, …
After signing a $9bn deal with Samsung for the manufacturing of OLED displays earlier this month, Apple is now speculated to be working on an in-house power management chip. Karsten Iltgen, analyst for German bank Bankhaus Lampe, cut his rating on Dialog Semiconductor this Tuesday, sending the chip manufacturer’s shares down the slope. Mr Iltgen statated that “strong evidence” suggests Apple is looking to ditch Dialog’s power management integrated circuits (PMIC), and is allegedly working on its own unit that could go live by 2019.
After Bankhaus Lampe reduced its Dialog rating to “sell” …
Nokia is back in the headlines with its second bi-annual ‘Threat Intelligence Report’ where the crafty Finns explore mobile infections and vulnerabilities for the first and second half of the year (2016). The report paints a rather bleak picture – last year saw a 400% increase in malware infection rates, with smartphones being 85% of infected devices.
Unsurprisingly, Android phones and tablets are most vulnerable, for Android is the world’s most popular operating system (yes), and therefore most targeted by attackers. In an interesting twist, infections among Windows PCs have fallen, which …
Samsung will not be selling any refurbished Galaxy Note 7 phones in India or any other country for that matter. The handset maker refutes previous rumors claiming Samsung might resell refurbished Galaxy Note 7 units in the coming months.
In a recent statement to Gadgets 360, Samsung India was very clear about these reports supposedly coming from a person familiar with the matter: “The report on Samsung planning to sell refurbished Galaxy Note 7 smartphone[s] in India is incorrect.”
Korean media suggested a few days ago Samsung is taking into consideration …
In a year that’s been largely lackluster for Apple and downright bizarre for battery technologies, Consumer Reports’ refusal to recommend the new MacBook Pro feels like a too perfect microcosm of the past twelve months. In the wake of online complaints surrounding the recently refreshed laptop line’s longevity, the review stalwart handed the 15-inch version of the laptop… Read More
Source by: [author_name]
Bailey who has not played for Australia in the format for more than a year insists that he will continue his push for an inclusion in the squad for the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 tournament.
The clarification on Bailey’s future came in the wake of a report by Fox Sports on Monday that Bailey, who stepped down as skipper of Australia’s T20 team last year, was calling time on his career in the format after he was not considered for selection in the one-off T20 against England at Cardiff, which the hosts won by 5 runs.
In fact, Bailey’s last appearance in a T20 international came against Bangladesh at the 2014 World Twenty20 where Australia were knocked out in the group stage. His prolonged absence from the squad had led to the rumours of his retirement but it has now been confirmed that Bailey is staying put and still harbours hopes of a comeback.
“George has spoken to the selectors and team management and stressed his desire to feature in the Twenty20 international squad in the future and to be part of the team that travels to the ICC World Twenty20 in India next year,” the statement released by Cricket Australia said.
“The selectors and team management are fully supportive of that and now it’s up to George to put the performances on the board to give himself the best chance of selection,” it further added.
The 32-year-old has a unique feat of captaining Australia in every match that he has played in the shortest format of the game. Bailey led his country to the 2012 World T20 semi-final and was also skipper of Australia’s limited overs side when Michael Clarke was injured.
Australia are ot scheduled to play any T20 international until January 2016 where they will take on visitors India for a three-match T20 series and will follow it up with a similar face-off against South Africa, again on their home turf.
So Bailey will be hoping to make the most of his opportunities in the ODI format starting with the five-match series against England which starts on Thursday.