32-year old Wiley Day considers himself lucky to be alive. On March 22nd, he had his iPhone plugged into an extension cord, something he did every night so that he could keep his phone in bed while it charged up for the next day. When he awoke the next morning, the dog tag he was wearing around his neck somehow got caught between the metal prongs on the charger and the extension cord. The resulting electric jolt knocked Day from his bed to the ground.
He remembers that his vision started to fade, and he felt as though he was looking through a peephole. He also could see only in black and …