An unsettling video obtained by ABC’s Las Vegas affiliate KTNV shows an unknown Apple iPhone model suddenly bursting into flames inside a repair shop in Las Vegas. The unit in the video was in the shop to replace a bloated battery and a cracked screen that broke when the battery expanded. Paul Tartaglio who runs Gadget Repair in Las Vegas, which was not the shop in the video, says that the high triple digit temperatures in Vegas cause batteries to warp.
Tartaglio has two helpful tips for those who live in sweltering hot areas of the country. He says that phones should be kept out …