The Android OS is undoubtedly the best mobile operating system on the market right now. It has come a long way, throwing out the Symbian OS from the #1 spot and occupied its position. You can always buy an Android phone or the Android tablet at an affordable price. But, what if you wanted to experience the power of Android Operating System and its features on the large screen (Computer)? That is where the Android emulators like Bluestacks come to the rescue. But those software usually occupies a large amount of hard disk space and also the apps run very slow (in some cases).
Fortunately, there is also another option to run Android games on PC. You can either use the virtual machine to run the Android OS or use a bootable USB drive to install the Android operating system. Both the ways are easy and straightforward. However, in this article I’ll be discussing about the steps to install Android on PC with USB as it is a lot easier than running Android on Computer with virtual machine.
How to Run Android 5.1 Lollipop on PC without Virtualbox? Things Required:
Android 5.1 Lollipop ISO Download
USB Drive with at least 1 GB of space
A Laptop or a Desktop
Installing Android Lollipop OS on PC with USB
1. First of all, download the two files, namely Unebootin and Android 5.1 Lollipop ISO image file to the computer.
2. Once done, run the Unebootin tool. Ensure that you’ve inserted your USB drive.
3. Browse and select the ISO image file from the downloaded folder > choose ‘USB drive’ and click ‘OK’.
4.This will install the Android OS ISO image onto the USB drive.
5. Once completed, it will prompt to restart your computer. Click on ‘Restart now’ with the Pen drive still plugged into your PC.
6. While the PC is rebooting, press the hotkeys (refer to your manufacturer’s website) to open the BIOS settings.
7. Choose ‘USB storage device’ as the boot drive.
8. Next, select the option ‘Run Android-x86 without installation’ and hit ‘Enter’. It will now configure your PC to run the Android Lollipop operating system.
9. Like you setup your Android Smartphone or Tablet, follow the on-screen instructions to setup Android on PC. Skip wherever necessary.
10. Once the setup is completed, you’ll be greeted with the Android home screen, where you can install any Android app or game of your choice using the Google Play Store app.
11. Enjoy the Android features on your PC.
12. To shut down, simply hit the ‘Power Off’ button on your Laptop or Desktop and it will prompt you to the shut down the device.
That’s all friends! Hope you understood how to run Android OS on PC using pen drive. Also note that in order to boot into your default OS (Windows or Mac), simply unplug the USB drive. In case if you get stuck somewhere while installing the Android 5.1 Lollipop on your Computer, please drop your queries in the comments section below.
YouTube Video Here